Dates: 02-10-2017 - 28-07-2018
Place: Palermo, Italy
Type: European Voluntary Service
"Give and take" is focused on taking practical action to support young and adults with disability, building supportive relationships: a Ukranian volunteer will support the local activities of Associazione Uniamoci Onlus, using and developing his/her personal and ICT competences and his/her creativity to contribute to the physically and/or mentally adult disabled users' empowerment
The volunteer will deal with:
- support to the hosting organization in the implementation of activities with users with disability: our users are from 18 to 36 years old and they have phisical and or slight mental disability, usually they have language, cooking, art, ICT, culture classes.
- organization of a basic Ukranian/other foreign language course and activities of computer club house for the disabled users
- cooperation with the hosting organization in in the management of social network and support in the implementation of local and international projects: actually at a local level we are implemeting a local volunteering project called Palermo Green with the aim to contribute to a more clean and green city and to support the disabile users in working in a vegetable garden; at an International level we are implementing two long term projects, one about the use of art as a learning tool for people with disability and one about the use of ICT in the youth work.
- promotion of volunteering and the Erasmus+ programme
- support in the preparation and management of activities for local events organized by our organization (swap party, Christmas market, an event about volunteering) and where we are invited to partecipate (Cyclopride Day, Festival of Europe, Disability Day).
The volunteer is welcome to create his/her own projects with the disabled people according to their ideas and interests, e.g. workshops to special themes, video and photo projects, presentation of his/her home country.
The volunteer should be between 18 and 30 years old. The profile of the volunteers is not strongly limited and is open for all people who would like to work with people with disabilities. The main requirement is the readiness to work with disabled people. Volunteers must be ready to spend their days with these people and help them with everyday activities as well as have desire to do their own projects. It is advisable that the volunteer has a quite good English knowledge.
The project is funded by the Erasmus+ Programme. All expenses for visa, insurance, accommodation, food and international travel costs are fully covered. The volunteer will also receive pocket money monthly. Italian language courses will be provided.
How to apply?
In order to apply please send your CV and motivation letter in English (no more than 1 page) to email@example.com and make clear why you’d like to work with disabled people.
In the subject of your e-mail please indicate «EVS in Italy, Palermo».