Dates: 11-09-2017 - 10-08-2018
Place: Murcia, Spain
Type: European Voluntary Service
The volunteering project framework is characterized by the focus on social inclusion of youth with fewer opportunities in Murcia region through non-formal educational activities and promotion of personal development. The project will also provide a unique learning experience thanks to the fact that many of the proposed activities will be training courses and workshops in which the volunteer can grow not only professionally but also personally.
EUROACCION is an independent non-governmental organization, which supports adult education and the professional and personal development of persons with fewer opportunities. Founded in 2002, its main goal is to promote social change and personal development through the use of methodologies coming from the Non - Formal Education frame, promoting development in each person and his/her maximum potential.
The activities in which the volunteer will take part in our organization will be the following:
International level: logistic support in the trainings run by Euroaccion on Personal Development, Human Rights Education, Intercultural Learning, Learning to Learn, Coaching, Personal and Professional Supervision and Social Inclusion of people at risk of social exclusion.
1. Participation in local workshops on free time activities with children and youngsters at risk of social exclusion; intergenerational dialogue; promotion of social inclusion with young people with the help of judicial measures; English workshops for immigrant children and youngsters or young people with fewer opportunities; workshops on Intercultural Learning with children and young people; art therapy and creative writing workshops with youngsters; workshops and courses of digital photography and artistic expression; workshop and other activities related to social theatre.
2. Cooperation and logistic support in the projects for youth and social inclusion promoted by Euroaccion in Murcia.
3. Support in the back office work (updating the website and the EVS blog, administrative tasks related to the internal work of our organization).
4. Spanish classes for European volunteers.
5. Linguistic exchange Spanish/English with others European volunteers and citizens of Murcia.
6. Participation in workshops and presentations of the Erasmus+ Programme: in youth organizations, secondary schools in Murcia and the University of Murcia.
In terms of learning opportunities the volunteer will be able to get:
• Knowledge: learn about the concept of social exclusion, get to know new working methodologies within the frame of Non - Formal Education, systematize his/her learning, reflect upon and get to know new economical, social, political and cultural realities (of the Murcia region), work within an inter/multi - cultural approach and learn a new language.
• Attitudes: development of his/her tolerance, empathy, assertiveness and positive attitude while facing conflict situations.
• Competences: managing Non - Formal Education activities, workshop facilitation, linguistic skill (Spanish), digital competences, conflict resolution and ability to prevent conflicts.
The blog of the hosting organization can be found here.
The volunteer will be selected based on his/her attitude and willingness to get involved in the project and to become an EVS volunteer rather than on his/her knowledge and competences.
The volunteer should:
Other aspects that will be taken into account are: the candidates’ maturity, ability to take decisions, enthusiasm, willingness to take part in different activities, and the level of commitment to the project framework.
The project is funded by the Erasmus+ Programme, all expenses are fully covered:
How to apply?
In order to apply, you should send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com before the deadline.
In the subject of your e-mail please indicate «EVS in EUROACCION».