Dates: 01-11-2017 - 19-04-2018
Place: Craiova, Romania
Type: European Voluntary Service
The idea of the project appeared as there were identified frequent situations of child rights violations, such as: the right to free access to education, the right to the protection of one’s image, the right to be protected against any type of exploitation/ bad-treatments/negligence/the right to play. These type of right violations are commonly ignored by the adults.
The EVS project “Shoe box” aims to promote children’s rights, emphasizing on the right to play, as well as developing public actions to collect toys/school supplies/hygiene items/clothes for children and youth people from Craiova.
During the project, the volunteers will be involced in such kind of activities:
1) Developing public actions to collect toys/school supplies/hygiene items/clothes for children and youth people from Craiova, Dolj county that are in difficulty.
- Public actions online/offline to collect fund for families in need, such as: “crowdfunding”, “silent auction”, “public packages” etc.);
- Support actions: cleaning and arranging the indoor or outdoor playgrounds; painting the walls with characters from stories, myths, legends; such as arranging the “Tooth Fairy” kingdom; arranging the shoes and clothes wardrobes.
2) Developing public actions to promote children’s rights among the parents, emphasising the .
- Developing and dissemination of support-materials for the public (per stage: 8 videos, 8 models of posters, 8 photo reportages, 16 models of creatives messages to print on the glasses, t-shirts, textile bags etc.);
- Developing public actions (10 actions/stage), such as: flash mobs, display actions type “loesje” in public transportation means, “open cafe” event or similar ones, events type “kino-knight” at ANTER headquarters etc.).
3) Developing actions called “Birthday donations”
The people that will celebrate their birthdays, for example in February, can announce their family/friends that will donate their birthday to a child/youngster in need that is celebrating his birthday in the same month. With the support and involvement of the EVS volunteers, there will be organised surprise events for the child/youngster with the participation of the people that will bring the gifts for them.
Once every 2 weeks will be organised recycling workshops to create hand-made gifts for the children/youngsters and decorations used to arrange the space where the birthdays will take place.
The project is funded by the Erasmus+ Programme. All expenses for visa, insurance, accommodation, food and international travel costs are fully covered. The volunteer will also receive pocket money monthly. Romanian language courses will be provided.
How to apply?
In order to apply please send your CV and motivation letter in English (no more than 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the subject of your e-mail please indicate «EVS in Romania, Shoe Box».