Dates: 29-08-2017 - 20-06-2018
Place: Pelhrimov, Czech Republic
Type: European Voluntary Service
The aim of the project is to contribute to European cooperation in the youth field through establishment of non-formal educational volunteering places/opportunities and open space in the hosting organizations for innovation, inspiration and new experiences from abroad. The project supports motivation of young people and openness of local communities towards other cultures, strengthens positive perception of non-formal education through experience and volunteering.
The objectives of the project are:
- to involve young people from European countries in the hosting organizations;
- to support mobility of young people;
- to involve young people with fewer opportunities;
- to create conditions for mutual education, learning, exchange of experience and innovation between volunteers and hosting organizations;
- to develop relevant competences for the European labor market;
- to strengthen awareness and knowledge about Europe by communicating with organizations’ target groups and local community;
- to increase the quality of partner organizations' work at international level;
- to create good practice of volunteers' active involvement in the life of community and organizations.
Main themes are non-formal education, development of the local community, culture and intercultural learning, social work, work with children, young people and seniors, creativity and non-profit sector.
The EVS volunteer leads main activities in the Volunteering Centre and partly in the area of social work of Fokus Vysocina (hosting organization). As the Volunteering centre assists, contributes and develops particular activities with the NGOs involved in the network of the Centre, the EVS volunteers have an opportunity to get to know this network and to be involved in those NGOs where the volunteers merge the intercultural aspect together with active involvement and volunteering support on behalf of the hosting organization.
The EVS volunteers are involved in the following activities: meetings, gathering and educational activities of the local volunteers, administrative work in the Centre, preparation, organization and evaluation of the events, intercultural and language activities, workshop in the elderly houses, activities with children, assistance in the sheltered workshops, regional events developed by the coordinating organization. In addition, volunteers have space and support for their individual projects.
The project is funded by the Erasmus+ Programme. All expenses for visa, insurance, accommodation, food and international travel costs are fully covered. The volunteer will also receive pocket money monthly.
How to apply?
In the subject of your e-mail please indicate “EVS in Fokus Vysocina, Czech Republic”.