Dates: 01-02-2018 - 31-01-2019
Place: Gdynia, Poland
Type: European Voluntary Service
Our main objective refers to the sphere of the widely understood positive social change. We want to build a strong local community. Our priority is to provide activities for people facing and endangered by social exclusion – through sociotherapy, streetworking outreach, and animating the local community. We work with children, teenagers and adults as well.
The activities of the volunteer will mainly take place in one of our active citizens’ centre called “Apteka” (eng. Pharmacy) in Gdynia Grabówek (the district of city). It is important for us to implement actions that would be a true response to needs of local community. We always adjust our activities to the current reality which transforms very fast.
We meet our goals through actions such as:
• a cycle of workshops that promote creative and healthy lifestyle;
• psychological and educational workshops for children, youth and their parents;
• family festivities and events;
• language lessons for young people and older people (equalizing opportunities);
• meetings with local leaders;
• artistic activities;
• a neighbourhood café;
• gymnastics, art therapy, photo workshops;
• festivals, performances;
• regular training of football;
• streetworking (outreach work).
In these actions we are supported by therapists, community workers, local volunteers, streetworkers, artists and dancers.
Every volunteer coming to our foundation will go through three stages: observations, supporting and final initiating. Volunteer can help, among other, with:
• animating games with elements of streetworking outreach;
• facilitating cultural projects;
• organizing integration events;
• organizing workshops;
• consultancies for the residents;
• doing homework with children and teens;
• taking part in group meetings;
• office work.
• help with organizing, planning and evaluating the integration and cultural events.
Each volunteer has also an opportunity to propose his/her own initiative as long as it fits into the mission and activities of the organization.
Age 18-30 years. We search for people who are looking for innovative projects and who are not afraid to work in conflicted and divided environments. This kind of work requires people interested in doing a job that would be a blend of culture and art and would aim at solving social problems.
The project is funded by the Erasmus+ Programme. All expenses for visa, insurance, accommodation, food and international travel costs are fully covered. The volunteer will also receive pocket money monthly. Polish language courses will be provided.
How to apply?
If you are interested in applying fill the application form available below before the deadline.
More information about your sending organization for the application form:
Name of the sending organization: Non-governmental organization "Kharkiv association for active youth “Stella”
PIC nr: 947609200
City and country of your sending organization: Kharkiv, Ukraine
Person in charge: Iryna Tomenko
E-mail of the person in charge: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number of the person in charge: +380977156420
How did you get in touch with the sending organization? - I follow the activities of NGO Stella, and I also receive newsletters from the organization about the different opportunities. When I saw call on this project, I immediately decided to apply.